Getting document and parcel deliveries in Singapore is actually a really easy task to do and there is nothing much for you as a consumer to do and here are the many awesome reasons why.
- There are many companies in Singapore which are willing to help you do both document and/or parcel deliveries within the island of Singapore. Most of them are local courier companies in Singapore and are trustworthy. Of course, you should ideally search for any relevant reviews online about their courier deliveries before you go and approach them.
- Due to the many incentives by the government to build businesses based on and leveraged by technology, top courier companies in Singapore use technology ranging from mobile applications to modern notification methods to keep their clients satisfied and allow them to keep track of deliveries.
- Most couriers who deliver documents are motorcyclists while those that actually deliver parcels are car drivers or van drivers. This is because motorcyclists would only be able to deliver a few items each time if they were to pick up parcels. (This is not a particular benefit but just something I would like to share with you).
- Most courier companies in Singapore would charge different prices based on the weight of documents and parcels. Additionally, documents and parcels generally have a different price list simply because they are usually carried by different types of couriers (motorcyclists/bikers vs car/van drivers). However, if you send items in bulk, you can actually deliver goods very differently compared to people who only deliver a few items because of economies of scale as long as you’re able to guarantee a minimum amount of deliveries each month of either documents or parcels (although this is usually the case for Singapore E-commerce businesses)
- Because most courier companies in Singapore have a website, you could simply Google for courier services and you would be able to find many corporate websites, and all you have to do is then pick one from there which seems reliable, offers reasonable pricing and is responsive to customer enquiries (eg your enquiries etc).
I have been in the logistics industry for 17 years. I know exactly what customers expect of logistics companies and how to run a logistics company well. There are some basic rules and expectations a good logistics company need to fulfill in order to survive and prosper in this logistics industry.
1. Always be on time. In every other industries and occasions, being on time display your professionalism and positive and sincere attitude to meeting the other party. One will not be too happy if his/her counterparty is constantly late for meetings or appointments. Punctuality is especially important in the logistics industry where time is really of the essence. The businesses outsourcing their logistics needs to the courier company may urgently need their documents or parcels delivered to their recipients on the double quick time. It is part of the deal that the delivery has to be carried out within a certain time-frame.
2. Be accountable. If a business is capable of outsourcing its logistics operations to a courier company, the volume must be huge. There may be tens and hundreds of deliveries to fulfill everyday. The courier company will need to manage all these fast-paced deliveries well and report to their clients promptly. It is natural for clients to request for delivery reports or updates on their daily operations. Hence, the courier company will need to keep track of all operations and be accountable for all deliveries. Currently, photo evidence depicting the delivery note containing the signature of the recipients is a basic tool courier companies are using to report to their clients.
3. Be able to take in sudden huge volume. A good courier company must have the ability to take in sudden unexpected volume of jobs. Clients’ businesses may fluctuate quite significantly from day to day or month to month, and requires all parts of their operations to support the varied demand, include their outsourced logistics. If the logistics company is not big enough to have some slack and cater to unexpected demands, the clients will lose business for naught.
The above three points are essential expectations of a good courier company. In Singapore, a courier company calls PCA Masters and RoadMasters meets all the above three points. Personally, I prefer PCA Masters. If you have any logistics work that you want to outsource, you can send PCA Masters enquiry.